Wednesday, January 31, 2007
So 24 years ago today my mother was shipped to the hospital to get a 10lbs toddler cut out of her belly. It was the birth of moi. This birthday was much better than the years past. Weird...I woke up this morning and forgot that it was my own birthday. I guess I am getting to the period in my life where birthdays aren't as important as they were when I was a kid. So the day started out with a shower a phone call from Mom at 630 this morning - then a phone call from the best friend, a text message from Dad that was followed up with another phone call, then a voicemail from Cat and a birthday kiss from the hubby when I was leaving from work. I arrived to work and discovered that my cube was covered in multi colored crate paper, balloons and confetti. It meant a lot to me that they all stayed late the night before to make my morning special. The morning proceeded with emails from Girl!, J of J&J and more phone calls. I felt special. My department took me out to lunch for chit chat and good eats. I got a call from my hunny to tell me happy birthday. Continued back to work and then there was cake and trick candles. I opened my birthday present from the hubby at work and got the matching wallet to my new purse. I was soo excited. It was exactly what I wanted. I love him! Left work and picked up LC from daycare and went to dinner with the Moms. It was a good time. Now I am home and waiting for the husband to get here so that we can hang and then go to bed and start the second day as a 24 year old. The further from 18 I get the better, but that means that I am getting closer to 30 YIKES!
posted by kellykellykelly at 11:01 PM |



1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger courtneyl said........
YEAH!!! i am so glad you had a good birthday!!!! that's awesome!!