Wednesday, August 03, 2005

So those of you that read this blog often no that I am currently surrounded by pregnant women. Trust me! I am staying away from the water, which by the way really messes with my diet. When I started this blog I wanted to make sure that I didn't blag about anyone, that I might want to read it, to prevent myself from talking trash. But I just can't help it today.

I work with this lady. When we met we were instant friends. She showed me the ropes of the new job and gave me a background of the people that we work with. It was helpful. Now the relationship is the to point, when she wants to bitch about someone or something she comes to me. I will take the time out for her so that I can listen to what she has to say, but I really don't care. I am just here to work and that is all. I don't plan on having any relationship with her outside of work so pretty much it goes in one ear and out the other and every now and then I will chime in my opinion. BUT I have learned that giving your opinion about a subject that involves work can be used against you. So I chose to keep my mouth shut, just for my own good. Sad but true.

So, my point is, she is pregnant, and emotional. She was this way before she knew she was pregnant, but it is 10X worse! Today a co-worker emailed me asking if I wanted to go to lunch with her. I told her that I needed to get back to her. My original plans to eat lunch with my husband fell through so I asked my co worker (we will call her T)so I asked T if she still wanted to eat. She said yes and that H (another team memeber) was going to go with us. So I invited M (the emotional pregnant person) She emailed me back and asked who was going and I told her and she said "I don't think so because they didn't invite me." I said I know, I invited with you. She said well I didn't get an email about it. I said yes you did and it was from me. Then she says that she feels left out and if T and H wanted her to come they would have asked her. She says that she is having a "rough" day. BOO HOO!

So the nice person that I am, I ask her if everything is ok, and that lunch was not a planned event, that it would be a good time and that she should go. So she replies back and says that she doesn't want to go because she doesn't feel included and that she is very emotional today. NO SHIT! I freaking invited her! WTF? I don't think that I am going to invite her for a while. It just seems like it is going to be a waste of time, and I would probably get turned down anyway.
posted by kellykellykelly at 12:06 PM |



0 Comments: